Kung Fu Panda

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."

Sunday, August 16, 2009

You have to see this....

Occasionally a song comes along on the radio that will stop me in my tracks, its an INSTANT connection, ya know? I heard this for the first time this morning on the way to church. Even though I could certainly adapt it to any one of my kids, this one belongs to Gwenny, its just who I was thinking of as I listened to the words.

(disable side bar music to listen)

  • It’s only for a moment you are mine to hold
  • The plans that heaven has for you
  • Will all too soon unfold
  • So many different prayers I’ll pray
  • For all that you might do
  • But most of all I’ll want to know
  • You’re walking in the truth
  • And If I never told you
  • I want you to know
  • As I watch you grow
  • (Chorus)
  • I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
  • And that faith gives you the courage
  • To dare to do great things
  • I’m here for you whatever this life brings
  • So let my love give you roots
  • And help you find your wings
  • May passion be the wind
  • That leads you through your days
  • And may conviction keep you strong
  • Guide you on your way
  • May there be many moments
  • That make your life so sweet
  • Oh, but more than memories
  • (Chorus)
  • It’s not living if you don’t reach for the sky
  • I’ll have tears as you take off
  • But I’ll cheer as you fly

2 comments:

Karen said...

That is one of my favorite songs. It's just beautiful.

Krista said...

Such a beautiful song. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails